10-18-2019 06:54 PM
I have three questions regarding the "future-proofing" or upgradeability of the HP Gaming Pavilion 15-dk0055wm?
1. Can the preconfigured 8 GB of RAM be increased, and if so, what is the maximum amount of additional memory that can be installed/supported?
2. Are there any additional drive bays to install a second Hard Drive?
3. Can the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card be replaced or upgraded to a more powerful graphics card - such as a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q?
Thank you for your time.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-18-2019 07:18 PM - edited 10-18-2019 07:19 PM
1. Yes, 32GB of total memory. I recommend you use a matched pair of sticks. Mismatching ram can cause various issues with an HP. https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-gaming-15-dk0055wm#MEMORYFi...
2. Yes there is for a 2.5 inch Sata HDD/SSD. But if yours did not come with one already, the bracket and cable may be missing. I can only find a part number for the cable... L56898-001
You can purchase that in the HP Parts finder, but not all parts are available in every country.
3. Nope, cannot be upgraded.
Your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06377664