Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 dc0003nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen 15 laptop (model: dc0003nx)

I am in need for a new charger as the previous one is no longer in usable condition. It was rated 200w - 19.5V with 10.3A output

I found a charger which has the same voltage as required but has a higher amperage (around 12.5 Amps)

My question is that, will a higher amperage charger have a negative impact on the battery or will it sustain the 'fast charging' of the additional 2-3 amps without affecting the life-span? Because according to my knowledge, using a higher wattage (or high amperage) charger for direct power supply will not be an issue on its own as chargers output power dynamically depending on the demands of the laptop itself... but will the battery accept it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tabish02 

What is its part # ? You can use the following parts

• 150 W PFC SMART 4.5 mm Slim part # 917649-850
  • 200 W PFC SMART SLIM 4.5 mm part # L00818-850
  • 135 W PFC SMART SLIM RC 4.5 mm part # L15534-001
  • 135 W PFC SMART SLIM RC 4.5 mm, for Latin America part #  L15534-101

Looks like you already have 200W charger therefore that charger (more wattage) is NOT compatible.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.