Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION GAMING LAPTOP 15-CX00008NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

I have a slightly different problem than a charger that stops charging as soon as it is connected to a computer. I happen to be in the following situation:
As soon as my charger is connected to my computer, it starts to charge as indicated by the icon located at the bottom right of the taskbar and the light of the computer, then beyond a few seconds, 30 at the most, it does not charge anymore, which is also confirmed by the two indicators mentioned earlier. The moment when it stops charging never lasts more than 5 seconds before it starts charging again with all the associated indicators and so on, a pattern that can repeat itself for several, even more than an hour. The computer on which I have this problem is a HP PAVILION GAMING LAPTOP 15-CX00008NF.
Do you have any idea what could cause this type of problem and especially how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@J0chrs

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

8)When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello sandytechy20, thanks for you comment.

I took your advice and applied it twice and the problem is still here.

In fact, after your ninth point, my computer displays a screen that reads "checksum is invalid", "check the bios" and "reboot". then it reboot. i'm going to check the version of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery which is actually already the latest version. is there a possibility that the problem is coming from the charger? And how can I be sure?

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

@J0chrs

Do you have a different charger to check if that works with this notebook?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, I don't have one yet.

HP Recommended

@J0chrs

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.