Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This laptop was bought new in 2017, i have not taken care of it however i desperately need to get a new battery, ram and SSD drive. i am a complete novice, do i need special tools to do this job? 

can someone be honest with me, is it just worth me buying a new laptop all together?? i like the 17 inch screen so if its cheaper to change the parts ill just do it myself.

will i need to copy everything and wipe the current hard drive to install the new one??

it currently only has 8gb of ram. the battery life is terrible and its incredibly slow

it  is an OMEN by HP 17-an0xx, 

here are the details

Device name LAPTOP-96HIK982
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID AB84CC19-0710-4CF0-B7E6-CAA4A7EF2343
Product ID 00325-96167-70388-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

thanks for any help you can provide

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ddjoeyd wrote:

here are the details

Device name LAPTOP-96HIK982
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID AB84CC19-0710-4CF0-B7E6-CAA4A7EF2343
Product ID 00325-96167-70388-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

@ddjoeyd 

The above list does not say information we need to know. What is your OMEN by HP 17-an0xx ?  For example

OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx

Your machine should be very close to the above machine

1. RAM: You can upgrade to 32GB (2 x 16GB) using compatible RAM, for example (RAM will run at 2133MHz)

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k16g4sfd824a/ct11589484

2. STORAGE: It supports dual storage with M.2 NVMe SSD + 2.5" HDD. I don't know what it has now therefore my answer is very general: you can

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.