Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0007no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a problem. My laprop screen (I think the LCD too) is broken. I need the laptop to do much schoolwork on it but can't because the laptopscreen is broken. And thats why I will connect it to the TV but can't. I have a OMEN By HP – 15-Dc0007nr laptop (I think it is from 2018). Can anyone please help me?

// SwedishHawk09

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Connecting to an HDTV from a display port really should not be an issue if it had been connected prior to this. 

There is a special key in the top row which assigns the output to a display or TV, but the display or TV has to have the input set to accept a PC or laptop's video input signal. 

See the user manual at the hyperlink below. Look at the Special keys section

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06631931.pdf

The problem is that you are not certain what is broken. It could be something worse.

How about starting at the beginning and giving  some specific details on what happened to your notebook.

Is this one you have had for a while or did you purchase it already broken?

If you already owned it, what happened to the LCD display? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.