cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsaint41
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

D: drive dissapearing shortly after starting up laptop.

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY D : (Data:) drive is dissapearing a little after I start up my laptop. But it's inconsistent. Sometimes it will take a little, and in this case I am trying to download a game into the D : drive, while I am downloading, it will just dissapear, and i'll get a notification that it is gone, and my download will stop. 

Whenever I start up my PC, sometimes it says I need to go to system diagnostics, in which I do tests, and sometimes they pass, and sometimes they give me failures. 

The main problem, like I said is the inconsistency, but it always seems to happen eventually, especially when I am trying to download the game. I can give multiple details if needed to solve this, as I need the folder for more space, because I ran out on my other drive.

2 REPLIES 2
jsaint41
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: the drive is now (sometimes) not even giving me a notifaction when I start my computer up/and or doesn't show up on My Pc at all when I start up my laptop.

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jsaint41,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the drive D is disappearing randomly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

• How many partitions do you have on the hard drive?
  • Do you have more than one hard drive on the computer?
  • What is the product number for your computer?
  • What is the size of the D drive?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Go to Disk Management, click “Action” on the toolbar and then select “Rescan disks” to let the system perform a re-identification for all connected disks. See if the D drive will appear after that.

If you continue facing the issue, then perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation