Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc1201ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

first of all, I am from germany so please excuse the mistakes. 😉

I´ve bought my HP Omen (15-dc1201ng) last November. Its place is on my desk, it had never been in a bag or anything.

Last week suddenly there was a tiny purple spot (dead pixel) on the display when I turned it on.

IMG_20200107_164811[71].jpg

(Hope you can see it)

It only appears if the display is black (backlight), the other colors are fine.

Tips like warm the spot up a bit, use a  picel exerciser or tap it with a rubber won´t help

I can´t contact the HP support, they don´t have an email adress, and I can´t call them because of my handicap.

I´ve bought the laptop online from an tiny shop, they said I should contact HP.

So, what to do? Can you please help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ItsanOmen , welcome to the forum.

Here is HP's "HP Notebook PCs and Tablets - About LCD Panel Defects and Terminology for Notebook PCs and Tablets" for your information.  Read it carefully to see if your situation is serious enough to be replaced.  If so, you should contact HP Customer Service for help.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.