cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
WannaBe25
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Dedicated Video Ram

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Ryzen 7 AMD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP has built one of the most affordable and convenient gaming laptops to date. With that said, everything about this product is perfect besides the fact HP sold it way too short. Advertised as a gaming laptop with more than enough processing ability, it's lacking ultimately ( and disrespectfully I might add ) anything close to the amount of Dedicated Video RAM it needs to run any modern game. What was the point of even creating this? LOL!  Long story short, it is what it is, what can I do with this model of HP to add the DVR I , and this, obviously needs?  External graphics card? 

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It would help if you also post the Product number so we know exactly what you have.

If you press the Ctrl/Alt/S keys together, an info window will pop up. Its also listed in the HP Support Center.

Integrated graphics systems will auto allocate memory as needed up to a certain point. You are correct, there is nothing I can offer to change that.

Not sure what you are trying to do exactly, so Ill take a guess...

If you are asking about a "DVI (?)" connector, laptop MFG's haven't generally been putting that old plug into cases for a while now. HDMI has been the standard now days, its smaller and carries audio. But you can get around that with a simple adapter.  HDMI to DVI is common. Your Ryzen should be able to handle the built in screen and an external monitor. But if you are trying to run a really demanding game, you would probably need an external graphics card which you cant really do without either a Thunderbolt port, or tearing the thing apart and DIY'ing a PCIe connection to one. I don't recommend the latter.

Is that what you are asking?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation