Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

Defective Omen 2 issues in less than 1 week.

Product Name: Hp Omen 17 w001ne
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I bought a new Omen 17 "My first gaming laptop" so i can boost my photoshop and editing career.

After 4 months the unit was overheating and the screen was freezing after 3h gaming sessions or when i edit videos i took it to the store they said its a faulty motherboard and the have replaced it successfully and the laptop is "as good as new".
i take it home and after two days screen freez again with a sweet bonus of screen flickering random **bleep** downs and the blue screen of death.

I take it back and ask for a replacment since clearly its a defective unit with a lot of problems.

Hp support miss Sara Bahaa Eldin tells me that as long as we can fix the unit we will not replace it.
I explain that i keep losing my work each time i have to bring it to the shop to get fixed she said i will offer you 6 month extended warranty. I told her i dont want the warranty i want a new reliable unit she said "no there is nothing i can do for you except the 6 month extended warranty and you can pick up your unit when its ready"

Is this fair!?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: Defective Omen 2 issues in less than 1 week.

Hello @Zenox,

Welcome to HP Forums!

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region.  
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Have a great day!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation