Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop -15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think my laptop has a display issue, I cannot lower the brightness at all. I have updated all my graphics drivers and I still cannot lower the display brightness. I have tried changing display settings in my power settings but i do not have any options to change the screen brightness. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@LeMillian

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to adjust the brightness on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107259.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then install the graphics driver from the below link.

AMD: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105894.exe

Nvidia: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107225.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well technically the computer has never worked properly, I've had the brightness issue since I bought it on August 19th. and I've already tried the options you've recommended below.

HP Recommended

@LeMillian

Does it happen with and without the AC Adapter connected?

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I will give this method a try and let you know how it goes. And to answer your question, no matter what the laptop will not lower the brightness the same results apply for when on and off the ac adapter.

HP Recommended

Just tried your recommendation and that didn't work either. But I should have figured as much because you basically told me to do the same thing as the last person even though my original post said my drivers are ALL UP TO DATE. ***bleep***

HP Recommended

@LeMillian

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi

bro i was facing same issue with my  laptop but after some search I have solve it with the help of basic setting if you still facing same problem let me know I can help you to solve it.

HP Recommended

I am most definitely still having this issue with my display brightness. I'll take any help that actually works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.