Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013dx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello Community,

I want to share with you a concern about a problem that has come up to me these days!

A year ago I bought a OMEN 15-en0xxx. It came with Win10-Home on board. After a couple of months, I upgraded it with Win11-Home. Up to this point everything went smooth.

But after 2 days of normal working, I'm facing a weird audio issue. Whatever audio I listen to, from Internet, from local MP3, video playing, system sounds etc. I hear distorted sound, like crackling or buzzing. This does not always happen, but occasionally! Unable to understand what trigger to start it and what trigger to stop! In the same time, during this issue, listening via headphones is normal! Also, the driver has been updated (Realtek 6.0.9305.1).

I doubt something physical but I don't want to believe it. Also, during the issue, I run HP HW Diagnostic and found no audio problems at all!

Do you guys, have any idea what it might be? Hope there is something related with this fck premature Win11. Very frustrated! 😫

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is a common problem I see with upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10.

That is why most websites say we should hold on before upgrading to windows 11.

I feel Windows 10 works just fine.

I feel the problem is that error with the audio driver after the upgrade to Windows 11.

Try to use driver booster to fix the error on the audio driver and see if it will do the trick.

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Keep me posted on this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is a common problem I see with upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10.

That is why most websites say we should hold on before upgrading to windows 11.

I feel Windows 10 works just fine.

I feel the problem is that error with the audio driver after the upgrade to Windows 11.

Try to use driver booster to fix the error on the audio driver and see if it will do the trick.

https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Keep me posted on this.

HP Recommended

@CharlieItuah1

I think to go back on Win10 until things calm down on the Win11 camp. 🙂

As far as I read, many users have this kind of problem! At least it is not an physical issue.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Great choice, Windows 10 works just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.