Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - ec0042ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am currently owning the HP Pavilion Gaming - ec0042ax laptop whose (in laptop / on board) power pin has broken. Was willing to know if this laptop supports USB C port charging ?

Can somebody please guide? If yes, what is the wattage that can be supported for charger ?

HP product details states that it supports USB A 2.0 HP Sleep & charge. What exactly is this?

Thanks,

Aashishwini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aashishwini

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether the USB C port on the computer supports charging the battery and can power the laptop.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The USB C port on your computer doesn’t support charging the battery or powering the laptop. Sleep and charge mean you can charge your external devices (Like phones) even when the computer is turned off or in sleep mode.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Aashishwini

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether the USB C port on the computer supports charging the battery and can power the laptop.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The USB C port on your computer doesn’t support charging the battery or powering the laptop. Sleep and charge mean you can charge your external devices (Like phones) even when the computer is turned off or in sleep mode.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So friend, other than DC jack port, there is no other alternative way to charge this ec0042AX laptop ?

The dc jack cable too isn't available of the shelf with HP support as well. Will surely look forward to your help. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Aashishwini

Yes, the DC port is the only way to charge the laptop. 

You can purchase all the replacement parts available for your computer from the HP part surfer.

Follow the steps in the below article for detailed instructions.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372736

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply, appreciate it !

While going through the part surfer website, I observed that the part mentioned for my product ID 8XS80PA is incorrect.

the DC in adapter cable for my laptop mentioned part id as "L71031-S14" where as the part surfer incorrectly mentions it to be "L72703-001". 

I concluded it is wrong comparing the images, which you can surely DIY. The original cable with motherboard connector is a flat cable connector, whereas the one displayed in your partsurfer for my product is a box type M/b connector !

The next challenge is registering on part surfer using India location ! That isn't permitted too..

Too many challenges to address... Hope you can guide me through as you have done till now... cheers !

Regards,

Aashish Bhutkar

India

HP Recommended

@Aashishwini

The part surfer will not work in India. However, you can use the below link to locate an HP store near you and purchase the part directly. In case if they do not have the part available they will order it for you.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am currently owning the HP Pavilion Gaming - ec0042ax laptop whose (in ... Was willing to know if this laptop supports USB 

Newk’s Eatery Survey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.