Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-dc1079wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to know if the hp omen 15-dc1079wm has a hard drive slot because it only comes with a 512gb ssd for storage

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @RedScience 

Page 37 of your manual explains... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

Yes it can use a 2.5 inch HDD or SSD that is no thicker than 9.5mm, but if it did not come with one installed from the factory, the brackets and cable might be missing. You would have to open the case and look.

Here are the part numbers from Page 37 if you need them...

Hard drive cable connector  929450-001

Hard drive brackets  929561-001

They can be ordered from the HP Parts website, but I don't know if they are available in your country or not.

HP PartSurfer

You would have to search the web for them otherwise.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer. I checked the parts listing but my model isn't in the list. Does that matter or are the parts still compatible?

HP Recommended

I also checked the manual you provided but it only applies for models up to dc0999 while mine is a dc1079wm although I dont know if it makes any difference.

HP Recommended

Look at the manual again. The brackets will work for both series.

Then manual supports both series. and the parts will fit both since they share the same chassis.

manual for dc1000 series numbers.JPG

BUT If you already own that model, open it up and see if the brackets are already included first. You might get lucky.

If not, then you will have to find them somewhere on-line if possible. Most likely HP wont sell them in your country, correct.

Edit: I see you repeated the question this morning and got the same answer I gave here... Link

🙄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.