Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I don't know if this is marketed or sold in India. Is it the name (Hp omen 17) i need to check or this (Hp omen 17-ck1020nr).I am confused.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/663175/hp-omen-17-ck1020nr-173-gaming-laptop-computer-black

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @trifpv 

Banhien is correct.

Actually, he falls short by 1% because the chance that the 17-ck1020nr is marketed (sold) and supported in India is zero.

To put it simply, you have to be able to buy the 17-ck1020nr in India in order for it to be supported under the warranty.

Since the 17-ck1020nr is only sold in the United States of America, it will only be supported under the warranty in the United States of America.

There is probably some other 17-ck1xxx model sold in India, but not the exact model 17-ck1020nr.

Generally, the global warranty only covers the HP business-class PC's where the same model is sold worldwide.

For example:  A 250 G8 business notebook is sold in the United States of America and India, so if you bought one of the 250 G8 business class notebook in the USA, it should also be eligible for warranty coverage in India.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@trifpv 

The answer is 99% NO, it is from The USA.  Please read the first statement on the following document

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the statement goes like this : HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).

This means that if the product i bought here in USA covers the warranty in India if I move there. What I understand by Global warranty is that it covers the products for warranty in the country that is being used regardless of where it is purchased, only if the country sells the product.

Correct me if I am wrong...

thanks!

HP Recommended

@trifpv wrote:

... What I understand by Global warranty is that it covers the products for warranty in the country that is being used regardless of where it is purchased, only if the country sells the product.

@trifpv 

As I said above, you ONLY get around 1% chance to claim warranty in India, You don't believe me ?  They would say no available parts in India.

And you have to send machine back to the US, that is where you get 99%.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @trifpv 

Banhien is correct.

Actually, he falls short by 1% because the chance that the 17-ck1020nr is marketed (sold) and supported in India is zero.

To put it simply, you have to be able to buy the 17-ck1020nr in India in order for it to be supported under the warranty.

Since the 17-ck1020nr is only sold in the United States of America, it will only be supported under the warranty in the United States of America.

There is probably some other 17-ck1xxx model sold in India, but not the exact model 17-ck1020nr.

Generally, the global warranty only covers the HP business-class PC's where the same model is sold worldwide.

For example:  A 250 G8 business notebook is sold in the United States of America and India, so if you bought one of the 250 G8 business class notebook in the USA, it should also be eligible for warranty coverage in India.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.