Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15dc1009tx
Unknown

Hi, 

I have hp omen 15dc1009tx. I bought this laptop recently. When I plugged in laptop temperature rises around 65 idle. While gaming it reaches upto 97° c. Overheating only happens when I plugged in. So I wanted to know that if I undervolt cpu can it cause any warranty void ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Sid188192 

Technically, No it will not. Undervolting the CPU will not harm it and its been recommended many times here on the forum.

HP Recommended

No, undervolting the CPU will not void the warranty and is perfectly safe to do.

Here is some tips:

Undervolt slowly, to see how low your machine is capable of going before the system become unstable, and crashes. If the system does crash, it's okay, just reboot and the voltage offset (if using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility) will be reset back to the default. You may then undervolt again once you've booted back up again, but this time do it more slowly, in order to find the CPU's limit. The HP OMEN 17t has a limit of about -0.140V, however each result is different. Try -0.120v to start with in order to see if the system is still stable. 

NOTE: It's always best to take a moment to save your work before you tweak the voltage offset (undervolt), just in case the system does happen to crash. You don't want to loose your work (unfinished book report, video project, ASMR audio recording, file download, or so on)

HP Recommended

Is your heating issue solved if yes then can you tell me the offset voltage i own the same machine....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.