Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cx0001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought this laptop in October so around six months ago and until now I've had no problem with it, suddenly today i open it and i hear a weird noise, i check the front and back and oh **bleep** it has a crack on it...I noticed the glue was loosening the thing very slightly a few days ago but due to covid i couldn't contact anyone and it didn't seem like it would do any damage, and now there's a crack, and i fear it might get bigger. I've been very careful with it always carrying it with me to collage with care and opening and closing it with both hands to not put pressure on just one side of the screen but now, as you can see in the image, it's cracked.  Just 6 months later the most expensive thing i've ever owned has  a crack.

IMG_20200511_214257.jpg

I don't know for sure why this happened but i think the overheating might have melted the glue inside? I don't know, probably if that's the case it would fall under defectful frame i think. I am a broke collage student in a third world country, I saved money for years to get this and I can't afford to loose it as it's vital to my programming college. Can any of you advise me? Has any of you had a simlar problem? Will Warranty cover this? Thank you in advance and sorry if I did some mistake english is not my main language.

I took the image of a similar model from promotional material to better explain my problem (the image i took was too close up and not understandable)

Senza nomde.png

I've been literally refreshing this page almost maniacally, i am really anxious about this and i'm looking forward to a response

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Benjamin28 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.