Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0035nf
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a problem with my touchpad. I just have the windows driver (setting/bluetooth.../touchpad) but there is no ELAN tab in mouse properties. So I can't fine-tune the touchpad such as inertia adjustment, scroll zones. Does anyone have the same problem?

Is there an updated driver for windows 11 that restores access to this settings tab?

I tried to install the latest drivers offered on the HP site (sp111250) but I get an error (not compatible with my OS).

I tried to install the ELAN application from windows store (ETD properties) but when i run it it tells me that there is no ELAN driver installed on the machine.

would anyone find a solution? Do I need to downgrade to windows 10 to get a fully functional touchpad back? for information, BIOS is updated and all other drivers too.

Thanks for helping.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W11 touchpad driver works for your notebook...

Synaptics / ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver

This package provides the driver that enables the Synaptics and ELAN TouchPads in supported computer models using a supported operating system. The driver enables general touchpad functionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides a user interface.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139125.exe 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I already have the generic win11 driver but it is not complete.

it does not offer any inertia (momentum) or chiral scrolling adjustment...
Suffice to say that the most interesting functions of a quality touchpad are absent. I need the original driver from ELAN, there is no W11 version?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Not for your notebook's model series.

Any W11 Elan touchpad driver I could find is only a couple of megabytes such as this one...Seems to be incomplete to me.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp134001-134500/sp134374.exe

HP Recommended

absolutely nothing happens during the execution of the two proposed solutions (SP134374 and SP139125) . Not even an error message...like it didn't install anything.
It's still crazy that not all models are tracked during updates. How dare HP announce full compatibility with Windows 11 when the most important peripheral of a laptop, the touchpad, can no longer be configured correctly in order to use all its functions?

Once done, one is told to use the drivers provided by windows. certainly, they have the merit of existing but are not complete. And on the Microsoft side, we say to see with the manufacturer. And presto, the circle is complete.

big disappointment towards HP given the range of the PC and its age. Big disappointment towards Microsoft, which, with windows 11, still repeats the same mistakes.

HP Recommended

in your opinion, do you think that an update will be released one day or is it a waste of time and a return to windows 10 is necessary to find a fully functional touchpad?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.