Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen en0037ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi guys,

I just recently brought a omen 15 with ryzen 7 4800H and rtx 2060

the first two days of my use the laptops temps were fine whereas on the third and fourth day I found that my temps would never go below 42C on comfort mode with nothing running in background 

On switching on cpu temps  were also at 65C 

The core clock speed on idle were also around 1.85 -2.28ghz

This tells me that thermal pasting has not been done properly

What are your views please tell me as this is first gaming laptop

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eagle16

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

There are many reasons your computer might overheat, but the most common reason is dust buildup on the fans which can trap heat. Reduce the heat inside the computer to prevent any damage to its internal components.

Use the following tips to improve computer efficiency:

• Change which applications run when Windows starts by using the Startup tab in Task Manager.

• Close applications when you are done using them.

• Close the internet browser when you are not using it.

• Lower the game resolution and decrease the graphics settings if the computer becomes warmer than usual while playing.

The computer BIOS might be out-of-date. Check for a BIOS update from HP.

1. Go to HP Software and Drivers Downloads, and then navigate to the product page for your computer.

2. Locate BIOS in the list.

• If the BIOS option is not available, the BIOS is up-to-date.

• If the BIOS option is available, click BIOS, and then click Download next to the update. Follow the on-screen prompts, and then restart the computer. For more information, go to Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Eagle16

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

There are many reasons your computer might overheat, but the most common reason is dust buildup on the fans which can trap heat. Reduce the heat inside the computer to prevent any damage to its internal components.

Use the following tips to improve computer efficiency:

• Change which applications run when Windows starts by using the Startup tab in Task Manager.

• Close applications when you are done using them.

• Close the internet browser when you are not using it.

• Lower the game resolution and decrease the graphics settings if the computer becomes warmer than usual while playing.

The computer BIOS might be out-of-date. Check for a BIOS update from HP.

1. Go to HP Software and Drivers Downloads, and then navigate to the product page for your computer.

2. Locate BIOS in the list.

• If the BIOS option is not available, the BIOS is up-to-date.

• If the BIOS option is available, click BIOS, and then click Download next to the update. Follow the on-screen prompts, and then restart the computer. For more information, go to Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.