Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop (product number 1DN33EA#ABU)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've been having issues with games, particularly Cities Skylines, crashing, seemingly due to lack of RAM. I looked and found that of the 8GB of RAM installed, 6GB was "hardware reserved", leaving just 2GB available. I spoke to a friend, who confirmed that this reservation was excessive.

How can I fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@trnspnt 

Where did you get the information from ? Can you see something similar to the following image from System

sys properties.png

What are those numbers ? Your machine is an HP Omen 15-ax206na which has 2 x 4GB of RAM.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response and apologies for the late reply. The numbers I stated in the original post were from that device specs section yesterday. In the meantime I did some various bits of fiddling with drivers, and updated my version of Win10 from version 1903 to version 2004, and I'm now seeing 7.89GB available, so the issue seems to be resolved although I'm not sure exactly how or why. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.