cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexy1990
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Extended warranty. It's not active even though I got it 3 days ago.

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got extended warranty 3 days ago. My basic warranty has ended on 7/30. I found conflicting information about when you can still able to purchase it. Both on HP sides. One says that you can buy it only before your basic warranty expires, another one however, says that you are good as long it's no longer than 90 days after you basic warranty expires. so... which one is it? Am I gonna get it or nah? I already paid, but didn't receive any emails and I don't see my warranty status updated in my hp support assistance. Do I need to wait longer for it to update or what? What if I won't get it? Can I return it and get my money back?

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,386 12,356 944 1,073
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Alexy1990,

I'd like to help!

You may purchase a Care Pack within the first year of its service life and Post Warranty Plans within 90 days before to 30 days after your base warranty expires.

For more information, refer to -HP Care Pack Services

If you have purchased the warranty from HP Store, please reach them for assistance.

Or if you had purchased it through 3rd party vendor, please reach them.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation