Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming 15-ec0016nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have problem with external microphone on my laptop. When I connect my mic to laptop, I need to speak realy lout for someone to hear me. I try mic on other devices and it is oke. I use headset with microphone, and each has it own connector, but I have converter from two 3.5mm (mic and speakers) to one, becaus my laptop has only one 3.5mm..

That problem realy make me crazy.. 

Can someone help me about that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ouu, before system reset I try one solution. And its works. 

I go to Services, and find Windows Audio and restart it. Also I restart Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, and its work!

That was windows problem not laptops. 

Thank you for your time!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Mraka123 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with an external microphone.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Have you tested the microphone on to different laptop?

Here’s a few things you could attempt: 

By default, Windows automatically enables microphones and line-in ports. Use the following steps to set the microphone/line-in port to be the default port and to configure the recording levels: 

1. If the Recording tab in the sound window is not selected, open the Sound window and click the Recording tab using the instructions in Step 1. 

 NOTE: 

Your desktop or notebook PC configuration may include different components then shown here. 

Figure : Example desktop PC with a Realtek on-board audio hardware configuration) 

1. Microphone port -   

 working and set as Default 

1. Line In - Working 

2. Digital In (S/PDIF port) - Working 

3. Stereo Mix (Software mixer) -   

 Disabled 

1. If multiple microphones or line-in ports are available, select the port that you want to use. Click Set Default to make this device the default audio input device. 

2. If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name and select Enable. 

3. With the device selected, click Properties, and then click the Levels tab. 

Figure : Microphone Properties: Levels tab 

1. Adjust the slider to 75. 

2. If Mute is on, click the mute button to un-mate the device. The mute button should show as a blue speaker without a red circle. 

3. If Microphone Boost is available, adjust to +20.0 dB. 

4. Click OK to make the changes. 

5. Test the microphone using the instructions in Step 1 to determine if Windows is able to detect a signal for the microphone or line-in being used. If you have performed all the steps and the microphone or source device still does not work, the audio ports or sound hardware on the computer might be bad. 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended
First of all, thank you to your responce. I try all of that steps, but it doesnt help. And I try mic on other devices, and it was nice and loud sound. This is so confusing because its new laptop, I bought him befor about 4, 5 months.. If there is a some other soultions, it wil be nice to try it..
HP Recommended

n

HP Recommended

@Mraka123

I understand your concerns.

In that case, please create a new user and check for the issue.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

Please update the Audio drivers and update the BIOS.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I try with new user account, and nothing.

I try update and BIOS and Audio drivers, nothing.. 

I will try now system reset and I will give you feedbeck.

If you have som other solutions, pleas give it to me.. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Ouu, before system reset I try one solution. And its works. 

I go to Services, and find Windows Audio and restart it. Also I restart Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, and its work!

That was windows problem not laptops. 

Thank you for your time!

HP Recommended

@Mraka123

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear that the problem is resolved.

If you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.