Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know what hardware i can add in my notebook.

My old Envy laptop has a 1TB Sata SSD and a 1 TB m.2 Sata so i want to add them to my new laptop.

It would be nice to put them in my new laptop and not trow them away.

My new laptop has a 512 GB m.2 Pcie SSD so i do not know if there is a second m.2 slot that supports m.2 Sata.

I cannot find a service manual or information about my laptop.

Also, will my warranty be ok if i open my laptop?

Thank you for supporting me 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Arjen_sch 

What is your HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd2xxx  ?  Which one is old and which one is new ? Manuals server is down at this time.  You have to use manuals for the series, HP does not supply manuals for EACH machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd2350nd . I can find the normal user manual but not the service manual.

I can open the laptop and see for myself but i do not want to do that before knowing if it make sence to do so.

I probably need a part to connect the SSD to the mainboard and maybe there is no second M.2 slot at all or no SATA support.

So the first thing i need is a service manual with information about the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Looks like HP neglected to post the Maintenance Manual for that series. I can ask them to look into it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Most likely it will be the older manual for the cd0000 first gen series as HP will continue to use the same design for the motherboards across the CD series.

The previous versions all were compatible with both NVMe and SATA, but they didn't have a second M.2 slot. Only one M.2 and one 2.5inch SATA space (old HDD/SATA type). I do not suspect it would change with the cd2000 series if HP continues its tradition. Only best way to know is to go ahead and open it up and try it. Otherwise you might be waiting a long time for HP to respond.

HP Recommended

PS: You wont void the warranty by simply opening the case and looking around, in case you were concerned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.