Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I am having issues with charging speeds on my brand new laptop. It takes about 8 minutes to charge 1%, no matter if the computer is turned on or off. I did read one thread about this and they said to update the BIOS, however this did not help either (current BIOS version F.21). Windows is fully up to date along with the drivers etc. I would try reinstalling windows next, but considering it charges slowly even when shut off I am assuming this is not the problem? Could this just be a hardware issue then? I am out of ideas now.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SigurdR 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Congratulations on your new system.

I'm really sorry that you are facing slow charging issues on your new laptop. Do not worry we are here to help you fix the issue.

May I know if you have made any recent hardware or software related changes to your system?

I hope you are using HP genuine easy adapter.

Could you please private message and share the serial number of her HP system so that we can check the specification also system and provide the exact assistance. If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here

Here is a link from where you can locate this serial number: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @SigurdR

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.