Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (194 Views)

FPS Drop

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Omen 17
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I'm Brazilian. I bought this notebook on my last vacation to the United States, HP Omen 17, which is specific for use in games, is not corresponding well. I contacted HP Brazil and they told me that I would have to contact HP USA once the product is American.

What's happening, my notebook in online games is having a drop in FPS throughout the game, any game I play, games get around 80 FPS (which is good) and suddenly drops to something around 20 FPS, I already researched in several places to know what may be happening, none of the topics sought solved my problem.

I already looked in the forum of the American HP and saw that some users also had this problem.

I already updated BIOS, Video card, bought an external cooler because of temperature as I was guided, blizzard support has already passed me several paths to be followed and all of them unsuccessful, like checking for viruses or malware, connecting the cable Internet, among others, the only exception I did not try was to buy a new 150W source, since I already spent good money on the computer and I do not think it would be necessary to buy a new one, Specialized company sent the correct one for such notebook

Please HP help me, I am a player who is very annoyed to not be able to have some hours of leisure with this excellent machine recommended by the gamer community.

Thanks for the attention.
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (179 Views)

Re: FPS Drop

@AlexandreCalixt

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy 

As I understand the FPS drops drastically whilst playing certain games,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number & OS used in your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Which games reduce the FPS? is there a specific game that's causing the issue or does it happen on any game you attempt to play?

Does the issue occur only while the notebook is plugged into the wall outlet or on battery as well?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel.

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate.

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does.

If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware.

For more assistance, please check a similar HP Forums post (Resolved): Click here if FPS drops & Game lags while plugged into the wall outlet.

(Though the header is different the steps will help get you a fix).

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (160 Views)

Hello Riddle_Decipher,

Thanks for your help.

Product Number: W2N44UA#ABA

Operacional System: Windowns 10 Home 64-bit. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-17-w000-laptop-pc/10862328/model/1192663...

I used to play some games like League of Legends, Overwatch and some MMORPG, so it happen in any game that i play.

In both situations it happen (Battery and wall outlet)

I have changed some configurations from NVIDIA as you said and nothing change, FPS still dropping.

I saw in another forum post and i think the problem could be the AC Adapter, that generate 120 W, and some guys said it must be 150W, what you think?

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (135 Views)

Hi @AlexandreCalixt,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Brilliant effort and fantastic persistence to try and get the issue resolved. Hats off to you for a job brilliantly done. Smiley Happy As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office for the day, I am jumping in to assist you.

Please check these links out for further assistance and let me know how this goes.

Link 1: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Random-fps-drop-in-all-games/m-p/6003814#M4731

Link 2: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Omen-15-ax009na-Graphics-problem/td...

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (122 Views)

Hello, DavidSMP. How are you today?

I tested the links that you gave me and none of them soled the problem.

Meanwhile I changed some setting on my computer and noticed that when I put in save battery mode it decreases.

I think the problem could be the ac adapter he provides 120W in other foruns they said the ac adapter ideal is 150W.

What do you think about that?

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)

@AlexandreCalixt

It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm back at your service. 

I think you are on the right track and you should go ahead with your instincts.

Upgrading the adapter has resolved issues for many as mentioned on my first reply to your post.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation