Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc1970nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently (probably after the last bios update F.19) got FPS drops in most of my games. I downloaded HWMonitor to monitor my temperatures while i was gaming.

Whenever the temperature hits 95/97 degrees I would get FPS Drops. I tried resetting my laptop and installing windows all over again. This didnt help the issue. I never got FPS Drops in my game before this BIOS update. I tried looking for the previous BIOS version, but i couldnt find it anywhere. 

I tried undervolting with Throttlestop, and disabling turbo etc. This would keep my temperature at bay for some time but eventually it would Thermal Throttle again which made my Frames drop. I als clean installed my GPU Drivers with DDU, and rolled it back to a previous version. This also didnt seem to work.

It really looks like a BIOS problem which can be resolved easily if I could find my previous bios version. I am not sure about this though

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I installed previous bios versions and this didnt resolve the issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.