Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have an Hp Omen 17 from 2018 and i dont have any Fan Controll and any Performance Profiles in the Gaming Hub (former Command Center) and those are 2 features which can easily be added with a software update, so i wanted to ask Hp if they can just add these 2 features with an update, nearly all of the users of these older Hp Omen Laptops from 2018 ask for these Features and really want them. So to all who want to help or want to have this simple feature please comment on this post to get Hps attention. I hope they will provide those simple to add features for all in the near future.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Something which is really stupid is that the second fan is controlled by the Gpu driver in my unit so under load this fan gets even slower then on idle because the system controlled Cpu fan (the left one) turn up a lot which mostly cools the Gpu under load to because of shared heatpipes which results in high cpu thermals and a lose of clock speed because the second fan which would help because of the shared heatpiped doesnt kick in very loud and get even slower then normal because the Gpu doesnt get to hot. Or thats at leat what i found out from the Hp Support phone Hotline (relly competent People there).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.