Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-en1027nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello There, I just bought a HP 15-en1027nf and i am quite happy with it.

However, i wish i could configure a fan curve because even if auto mode is mostly fine it lacks the possibility to define a fan curve according to temperature (IMO the fans should be disabled on idle but they won't unless temperature goes lower than 40).

On my previous laptop (MSI GL62MVR) i could configure a curve for both CPU and GPU (Fans were dissociated one from another) according to temperature .

On Omen gaming hub all you can do is define a fixed velocity for both fans but it is not really usefull at all...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@PJLAN,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@PJLAN,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

The problem is not overheating my temperatures are OK for a laptop (Even if could be better if AMD would allow undervolting of mobile CPUs). The thing i disslike is omen gaming HUB is not satisfying because unlike most laptop brands it's impossible to define a customized fan curve and that's a disapointment because i am happy with the product apart from that.

It would be really easy and could be done in two days for a software developper to implement a fan curve into gaming Hub and i wonder why it's not possible if all others laptop brands allow defining a curve For both CPU and GPU...

And yes it's just bothering to have fan at 2000 RPM while cpu is doing nothing and operating under 50 degree and closer to 40.

Thank you for the reply anyway but that does not answer my concern.

HP Recommended

Hi@PJLAN2,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Hello the problem is close to be solved with HP omen gaming hub allowing to set up fan curves.

It could be further improved if allowing 0RPM for low temperature like 50/55 but it's nice enough so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.