Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp 15 pavillion bc504tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new laptop after 10 days run game (call of duty4) on it then its fan sound like drone.is there any maldunctioning either in software or graphic card

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Raider141,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is making noise when you are playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that the computer that you have is not a gaming laptop and games usually use a lot of resources and this might be causing the fan to run at the maximum speed to maintain the computer temperature. Having said that, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp97001-97500/sp97045.exe

Graphics: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96816.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Friend that is being sell on amazon as gaming laptop and desinated on cnet. After using a laptop little bit more i came to know about that this problem is caused by sudden increase in disk usage (upto 95) what to do friend.kindly reply quickly friend

HP Recommended

@Raider141,

Did you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the links provided in my previous post?

If no, update it and check whether the issue is resolved.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i installed  those drivers  friend how to know that these are installed correctly friend . but disk usage suddenly increase to 95-96 causing thermal throttling or is it windows issue friend.

HP Recommended

@Raider141 The fan wouldn't sound like a drone once the correct update is installed, that's how you'll know if its the right one, that said, if the issue persists, click here for steps.

If nothing works, let's ensure this isn't a h/w issue with any other components on the device:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.