Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15 en0027ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fans to loud on idle - CPU is around 40-50C so it is pretty cold and I m just browsing, fans are on (90% of time) and off(10% of time), but I wont it to be silent

It s okay to kick it off when gaming, but it is imposibble to use a laptop in any basic tasks like web browsing or watch movies

- all updates - done

- bios update - done
- laptop is on a stand - cooling vents are clean and open

- Omen HUB - useless, default mode is to loud

I like the device but noice is driving me crazy it almost never shuts up

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I never use Omen Comfort Mode... Yes it's too loud... Because HP think Comfort Mode = Cool Mode (and they dont care about the fan noise).... So, unless you're using on battery only and just browsing or doing office works, it's better just use Default Mode and you will be fine.... 

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

Firstly, For a gaming laptop. temperature control is very important for Hardware.

I understand your minds, but It is impossible to always turn off fan when running tasks like browsing and watching movies , because your CPU is always work for these tasks.

I advise you turn to balance mode and set the fan mode as AUTO. There is no way to turn off the fan totally.

BTW. headset may be helpful for you O(∩_∩)O

HP Recommended

Laptop is in a default mode (fixed) - other modes just insane..

when I open task mamger CPU load is smth around 3-13% , CPU temperature is 35-50C, so there is no need in any cooling, it turns fans on and off regardless reality and it is silly. It is not first laptop I meet in my life, most of em were kicking fans in somewhere near thermal trottling  and it is pretty fine if user ok with it..

There should be a silent mode in OMEN HUB or ability to  make custom fans preset.. laptop is not just about gaming..

HP Recommended

The comfort mode threshold is around 50 degree... When Omen Gaming Hub detect it goes up to 50 degree,, fan will be activated regardless that we think it's still cool enough... Hoping that HP will do something about comfort mode in the next update...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.