Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

For a dual band router, my laptop shows one band only in available networks.

[ Edited ]
Product Name: OMEN by HP Laptop PC 17-w007tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Billion BiPAC 7800VDOX Dual Band Wireless VoIP ADSL2+ Router has two bands:  2.4GHz and 5GHz.  and is wirelessly connected to my laptop OMEN by HP Laptop PC  17-w007tx.  It always shows as connected via 5GHz band only.  My laptop also shows 5GHz band only in the list of available networks;  2.4GH does not show up in the list of available networks.  It is not so in my other laptop which is also connected to the same router and that laptop shows both the bands in the list of available networks.  Thus, I can choose to connect to any of the two bands as per my choice. I have tested the router and it is working perfectly; there is nothing wrong with it.

I wonder what can possibly be wrong in my OMEN laptop that it does not show both the bands which it should. At times, when I click to open the list of available networks, 2.4GHz may appear momentarily only and then disappears; thus I can not choose it for connection. 

I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue so that my OMEN laptop shows both the bands in the list of available networks so as to choose either one for connection.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

Re: For a dual band router, my laptop shows one band only in available networks.

Hi @OB1214,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that your HP OMEN PC 17-w007tx Notebook, is not showing both bands when connecting to your wireless network. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10), and let me know the results! 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this guide is helpful! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation