Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Frequent fluctuations in temperature and overheating

HP Recommended
Hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have been using HP Omen 15 1660Ti AMD 4000 7series for a month now.It was working fine but suddenly there is a constant fluctuations of CPU temperature while gaming and also at occasions the CPU temperature goes upto 100C.There were conditions where CPU temperature was around 80C even when i was regular works like PowerPoint. 

When i used to open my Omen command centre to have a look at the CPU and GPU temperature,i was able to see a constant wide range of fluctuations from 60C to suddenly 82C.

Is there any solution for this or should i exchange this laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,489
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sudhi8

I reviewed your post and I understand that the CPU temperature is fluctuating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. But there was still constant temperature fluctuations and the result was the same. When monitoring the CPU frequency in the task manager I  have noticed that the CPU frequency is persistently staying at a boosted frequency of around 3.5GHz and CPU utilization of around 20% even while performing basic tasks like staying idle on desktop opening PowerPoints or browsing. The CPU temperature is constantly around 80C during this and fan speeds are ramping up to the maximum  and getting very loud.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,489
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sudhi8

I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation