1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Frequent (~hourly) Freezes When Hypervisor is Activated

HP Recommended
Omen Laptop 15t-ax200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

I've had my laptop for over two years now and haven't had major issues with it. Over that time, it has occasionally (every few weeks) frozen and become unresponsive, requiring a hard shutdown. I recently moved up to Windows 10 Pro to use Docker and HyperV, and the freezing has become far more frequent (1-2 hours apart) when the hypervisor is active. I have two boot configurations setup with a default of hypervisor off and second of hypervisor on, and I have not experienced a freeze recently with hypervisor off. Any ideas why that might be happening? My laptop is still under HP Care warranty, but I'd like to avoid getting it serviced right now given the public health crisis.

-N

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation