Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-as104np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would you like to know if the Omen 17-AN103NP, and also the AN104NP have G-sync or not? Stores don't mention... 
I called a store and what I was told after 15 minutes on call waiting while they were searching, that the g-sync functionality they have there referred to is not on the screen, but it is only in "other features", so they said that only the gpu supports g-sync by connecting an external monitor with g-sync, as with all Nvidia gpus ..... Which is weird.
Youtube videos of similar models with other names, perhaps because they are not the portuguede model, are said to have G-sync.
I've been seeing pdfs with the specs on this site http://www8.hp.com/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=22607899#!tab=specs
They really mention g-sync functionality in "other features" and not on the screen, what does that mean? Where do we end up? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Odds are it does support it.. But HP does not list it correctly. Sometimes it doesnt even say anything about G-SYNC at all and its still available (Like in my case).

You can read more info here> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Does-the-hp-omen-17-an120nr-144hz-Gsync-or-not/m-p/69...

HP Recommended

@Skirmich wrote:

Odds are it does support it.. But HP does not list it correctly. Sometimes it doesnt even say anything about G-SYNC at all and its still available (Like in my case).

You can read more info here> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Does-the-hp-omen-17-an120nr-144hz-Gsync-or-not/m-p/69...

But I can't pay 1999€ or 2300€ to "odds are"...

I've seen that topic before creating this one, not exactly conclusive.

I'm considering the ROG Scar G703GS, because it clearly states IPS 144hz with G-Sync, which is a shame because I prefer the looks of this Omen, and judging by reviews I think the screen is more beautiful. 

HP Recommended

Why its even a Must Have feature? the 1070 is more than capable to hold 144fps....  
G-SYNC works best at 40-80fps....  

HP Recommended

@DSD27

You can always contact HP Sales via the number provided in the HP Store and speak to an Agent about it.

Then you should be able to buy with confidence. 

HP Recommended

@Skirmich wrote:

Why its even a Must Have feature? the 1070 is more than capable to hold 144fps....  
G-SYNC works best at 40-80fps....  

I play heavy games like assassin's creed odyssey, do you really think it will have more than 80 fps? 😜

144 fps is for crappy games. And oh yeah, since we're here, Portuguese stores say this models are 120hz, some hp pages it says 120, on others 144, go figure... 

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

@DSD27

You can always contact HP Sales via the number provided in the HP Store and speak to an Agent about it.

Then you should be able to buy with confidence. 

There is no number or email in the Portuguese store, only cases, in which you need to input a serial number to open one!

This is inadmissible and I give up. 

HP Recommended

I am pretty certain that it has G-SYNC its impossible for that Super Expensive SKU does not have it but mine does. 

The other SKU I posted was cheaper than the one you want and still had G-SYNC, So why would HP remove it from yours?.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.