Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 gaming ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to play GTA V on very high settings when I bought this laptop. And one day when I force shut down my laptop when GTA V was running it started to stutter and lag. I then reset to factory settings and the lag/stutter went. After a few weeks, the lag returned and I had to reset the laptop again. This cycle of resetting has been going for almost 2 months now. Is there any other way to kill the lag/stutter without resetting the laptop to factory settings. I'm tired of resetting and reinstalling everything. And the problems has nothing to do with the specs as I have friends who play GTA V with lower specs without any stuttering.

My specs are:

RAM: 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

GPU: NVIDIA 1050, RADEON VEGA 8

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@HAMONN Welcome to HP Community!

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Improve performance or FPS

There are many ways to increase FPS and system performance:

• Update the BIOS.

For desktop PCs, go to HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS.

For notebook PCs, go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

• Update the graphics driver.

Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, enter your PC model, then select the driver for your graphics card.

• Most games allow you to change the graphics settings. Using a lower graphic quality often improves FPS.

• Close any applications or programs that are not being used.

• Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Creators Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

1. Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

2. In the game bar, click Settings.

3. Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

• Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

suggest using the game in low resolution to check if it works fine, without the stuttering.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Product number: 9LA60PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

@HAMONN

Thank you for the information.

Please let us know have you perform the previous post steps.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Yes, I have done them but no difference

HP Recommended

@HAMONN

I understand your cocerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

isn't any other option there, a system reset is really annoying. I have to reinstall everything and set everything back to how it was. I have already rest like 6-7 times

HP Recommended

@HAMONN

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can conatct the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also faced this problem while i started  GTA V .  I am also playing  GTA V on very high settings when I bought my new  laptop.

might be some technical issues while downloading or something else , looking for solutions myprepaidcenter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.