Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Ryzen 5 3550H 15-ec0100ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Purchased this laptop under 1 month and The laptop is very slow and lags even on playing low specs games I had complaint it about my problem to hp support I did what they said to do bt still the problem persists. How can i get rid of 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

What games are you playing, what are the settings for those games, like screen resolution, graphic quality selected, if you are playing with AC Adapter and what are the settings in OMEN Gaming Hub. Check this link and OMEN Gmaing Hub settings.

HP OMEN and HP Victus PCs – Balancing temperature and performance in HP gaming PCs | HP® Customer Su...

Check the unit BIOS and GPU drivers installed as well and let me know that info and what are the FPS values you are getting during gaming as well games tested. Also, when you say the notebook is slow, and lags, that happens during gaming only correct? When you say lag, is it related to FPS or can you please be more specific?

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Hi@Veer123, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the slow performance. We understand it's a new notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Check for the BIOS update?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveenbv,

I have already answer this customer, and was asking some details to understand the problem, thanks for assisting but we need to understand first the problem before stating to provide standard steps to be tried. 

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Heavy FPS Drop in Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare , GTA V and many games. Kindly solve my problem

HP Recommended

Hello,

Without more details we are unable to assist.

What is your unit product number?

What are the games being played and what are the fps values when they drop? What are the CPU and GPU temperatures?

Hugo M. Lemos
HP Recommended

Call OF Duty , GTA V , Battlefield v and many games

GPU temperature is 45 degree centigrade

HP Recommended

Hi@Veer123,

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

mine as pretty smooth 

HP Recommended

Hello Veer,

The details are still insufficient, if you dont provide your product number, since not all units are shipped with OMEN Gaming Hub, or even have the required features to enable performance for the unit, you need to inform me about the CPU temperature when the FPS are dropping and normally what are the FPS values and to which ones they drop like, you have 120 FPS and during play time, FPS drop to 60 or to 30 or 15...many factors can contribute to that, either system resources being heavily utilized, or CPU throttling or thermal throttling, even outdated BIOS or drivers for your GPU. 

Please explain in details what is happening, what are the FPS values, the CPU temperatures, and if you dont know, please install CoreTemp, and play the game in minimize window, tell us what is the screen resolution you are using when you play the games and the graphical details as well, like you have ultra or epic or high, so try to decrease the resolution to a lower setting and graphic detail, since this has major impact on FPS outcome.

Hugo M. Lemos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.