Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion notebook 15-bc406tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp pavilion notebook gaming laptop 15-bc406tx. With 4gb graphics card of nvidia 1050 series with 8 gb ram.

Almost all games are lagging.....I used high performance mode.... lagging reduced but not gone....I can't paly game with this much lag..... please help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello. Are you gaming with the power cord plugged or on battery only when this happens? 

HP Recommended

In both condition power cord plugged in time and battery only mode games are lagging.....fps is dropping

HP Recommended

Alright then,  I'm going to need more details to better understand what might be happening.

• Did this just start recently or has it always done this.
  • What games are doing this (saying all games doesn't explain which ones you are playing) and what are the game settings?
  • What is the FPS when it lags.
  • Is the lag constant or intermittent? In other words does it play good then drop for a few seconds, then run good again?
  • What is the temperature when the lag occurs?
  • Did you update the graphics driver to the latest from NVIDIA?

HP Recommended

Recently I started gaming 

I am playing far cry, call of duty black ops 3 etc.

And in all graphics settings...like low to ultra it's lagging

When it lags fps drops to 5-6 and sometimes 1 also

Lag is constant

Gaming time temperature goes about 70-80

Like I can't touch more than 5 second

I always update graphics driver whan it's available

HP Recommended

OK. Just so you know, you need to be plugged in when gaming. The system will operate at full power only when plugged in.

I'm not sure whats happening. You say almost all games are lagging. which ones don't lag?

Your system doesn't meet the Recommended specs in the first two games you mentioned, but it does meet the minimum. In such case, those games would probably have to be set to medium or low settings to work.

But It shouldn't be running at 6fps constantly.  Perhaps you either have a faulty video card, or you have something in the background running that's eating up your CPU resources. You can run the windows Task Manager and select the Processes tab to see whats running. Click the CPU tab to display highest to lowest. If you have something other than the game taking up high percentages, you can disable it.

Also, make sure the NVIDIA control panel is set to run your games on the 1050 card only. Sometimes it can default to the CPU integrated graphics instead. You can set it to only do this per what ever game, or you can set it to run the NVIDIA card Globally for everything. Remember to be plugged in to the AC adapter.

Follow the example photo below to do this...

Manage 3D Settings Nvidia.JPG

Let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

I have done this before....but nothing changed

HP Recommended

OK so if you post a brief description of what you've tried already, it saves us all a lot of time. 😉

Have you run the UEFI Diagnostics also to check the hardware?

HP How to use Diagnostics

If all else fails, are you under warranty still? If so, you need to contact HP Support directly.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Alternatively, you can reinstall Windows yourself and see if it clears up the issue. I would not install anything other than Windows updates afterward and one game to test with.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205  Requires a 32GB USB flash drive

or

Create media Windows 10   Requires a 8-32GB USB flash drive

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.