Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-AU620TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is brand new and right from the begining games like DOTA 2 are lagging, even speakers produce abnormal noises when laptop is running on batttery. 

But if I put it on charging then everything works fine. No lag at all.

I tried to switch battery mode to high performance but in vain, the game still lags..

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello DVSNP

Your system is lagging because the system is trying to conserve power so you can use the PC longer on a charge.

Bottom line, you should be gaming while plugged in to the AC to preserve the battery. Otherwise, you will be depleating and recharging the battery much faster, eventually causing it to come to its end of life MUCH faster.

But if you still need to game on battery mode, you can make a few adjustments.

The easiest way is to use/install the Nvidia Geforce Experience and go to Preferences, adjust the slider to maximum performance.

Or

Use the Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3D Settings/Power Management Mode/prefer maximum performance.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion, but it is not working.

First of all, I cant access all the options present in Nvidia Experience Settings. 

I am attaching its screenshot, My laptop is brand new HP pavilion 15-au620tx.

battery.png

And I tried the second option, Opened Nvidia Control Panel - Manage 3D settings-Power Management-Prefer maximum Performance. Did it successfully but still my game lags. 

I am attaching ascreen shot of it as well.

nvidea max performance.png

Please help me out.

HP Recommended

It looks like you need to uninstall the nvidia drivers completely and start over. Remove all components.

how-do-i-uninstall-my-nvidia-display-drivers

Then install and run Ccleaner (Slim version). Run the cleaner at default settings. Also the registry cleaner and when you do, it will prompt you to save a copy of the registry before it cleans. Click yes and save, then clean what it finds. If you have to revert back later, then you can.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Then re-install the latest nvidia setup.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then go to the Geforce Experience and see if the general settings are available.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully sooner this time...  :Surprise:

HP Recommended
I will definitely try, but I want to know why is it happening ?
My laptop is brand new, not even 6 months over .
It feels very bad after spending so much bucks, what I get is this wooden box.

Anyways I will try what you have said.
HP Recommended

Dont throw in the towel yet...   Sometimes a driver will get corrupted, it can happen to anyone.  Besides, I dont know what else you have installed on the machine. If the driver is the culprit, HP has no control over that.

Give the fix a try first.

If all else fails, you can always either reinstall Windows 10 and start new,

or you can also contact HP Support for a Warranty issue. You are warrantied for a year from purchase.

HP Recommended

It has been a long time I stopped playing games on this very same laptop...Now when I am playing the same game DOTA 2 even with charger plugged in, the system lags and the abnormal sound from the speakers starts up for 70% of the time I play.

It is very digusting.. Within an year I faced so mush problems with this laptop.

I seriously thought of not going for HP products anymore.

HP Recommended

@DVSNP  You havent given me any follow up on what steps you have done so far. Did you try reinstalling windows?

If you are not going to do that, have you contacted Support yet? Both suggestions I gave you earlier. What have you followed up on?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.