Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec0100ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am using my HP Pavilion 15-ec0100ax for over three or four months now. The main problem I am facing with is that whenever I am playing any game, be it GTA V or Far Cry 5, there are lots of lag even though I am playing in the lowest setting in the game.  I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with an integrated Vega 8 graphics which reserves 2gb of memory from my 8gb ram. I also have a GTX 1650 4GB. Now I thought maybe I was playing the game in the integrated graphics, but then I checked and saw that I was running the games from my NVIDIA GPU. I don't really know what is the problem. Please help me out!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey,

Did you try to re-install all your system? you could just backup your PC (with Macrium Reflect, which is free for Home use), then you install only Windows, drivers, all Win updates, then your game launcher and the game you want to test. Nothing else. No anti-virus, no firewall, no other apps.

If you got same lags, maybe your unit is a bit too slow for those games. So you could try to lower fps, graphics renderer, or add some RAM (to get at least 16Gb) to have your CPU less used.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.