Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi My omen laptop has been experiencing a massive performance decline, I have most  start up apps disabled I downloaded the g force experience and divers but My performance for example: mine craft used to run at over 200 fps (gt x 1050 ti 8gb ram) but now it runs from 60-80 could there be any reason my battery setting are on max performance And most of my setting are on low but When my PC ran mine craft at about 200 I was on max any tips ore advice because this has really been bumming me out 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sean_H1121, Welcome to HP Support Community!

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)?

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC?

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums?

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.
(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.