MakaveliiR6
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Gaming laptop randomly restarts / crashes during gaming

HP Recommended
HP-Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought this laptop 1 month ago and for the first week or so it had no issues, then out of no where while playing Rainbow Six Siege my laptop randomly started crashing/ restarting. First i thought it was an issue with overheating or the game, So i made sure the laptop had better airflow and cooled it down with an external fan. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Rainbow Six Siege. It continued to restart while playing. I then thought i was putting too much pressure on parts of the hardware so i reduced the workload of the gpu, cpu and RAM, still the issue persisted. I'm not quite sure why it is happening. I've tried many of the solutions i've seen online but none seem to work. At the moment, i believe it may be due to faulty hardware but I am not 100% sure yet.

3 REPLIES 3
Feras2
Level 2
6 5 0 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did it happen that you upgraded your BIOS to version F 0.08? 
If yes then welcome to the club mate...many of us facing the same problem and waiting for a new BIOS release that no one knows how long its gonna take !. Check the other threads in here and see it yourself.

You can however contact hp and claim your warranty or use a temporary fix by using Ryzen Controller and set the CPU temp 70-75.

MakaveliiR6
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont believe that i updated the bios

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
yaserzcan
Level 1
11 11 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation