Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-20-2022 09:43 AM
My son’s Victus 16 gaming laptop running Windows 11 (cause that is what it came with) keeps randomly crashing and restarting predominately when play games such as Fortnite. I have updated all of the drivers and software. I have learned that other found Windows 11 to be buggy. Not surprisingly looking for solutions.
10-20-2022 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
|The Windows file system could be corrupt or there is a hard disk error or undefined sofware or technical error.|
(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
--->>> Perform Extensive Tests
See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>
See how it works:
(2) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )
( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )
10-27-2022 05:25 PM
Thanks for reporting.
Let me check your basic system configuration.
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/screenshot/paste following key/value pairs:
( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Other devices> ? (Those entries are for hardware for which Windows has not loaded a suitable driver)
- Expand <Disk drives>
- Expand <Display adapters>
- Expand <Network adapters>
- Expand <Sound, video and game controllers>
- Expand <Storage controllers>
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community