Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Gaming laptop slowing down even though it says there are no problems

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! I have recently bought a gaming laptop and have had it for around 7 months and all the games i have played have ran absolutely fine on every game i've played. For example i could play Sea of Thieves on ultra settings and have a constant 60 fps no matter the situation. However, now i have started to notice some performance issues when i am playing games, for example if i go somewhere big it will start to lag. It always used to run absolutely fine when doing these however now even with the settings turned down, i lag. I have literally run 100 tests, optimised all my disks, defraged them and i have used Avast cleanup premium to remove broken registry, clean up my whole pc and stop slowing down programs, and every single time i do a test, it says my PC is absolutely fine with no problems and it says theres no viruses. I have checked my task manager and everything seems fine, my RAM, CPU and GPU usages are fine but my games just lag. I really need help with any way to fix this as it is really starting to get on my nerves! xd My specs are: p -Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz -8Gb RAM -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design -60Hz -Windows 10 Home 64-bit Please can someone help me with this issue! (: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31140198

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,998 15,977 1,005 1,002
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@YehSam

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you backup your computer and perform a System Recovery

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Then run the HP Support Assistant and Windows updates

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation