Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Whenever I play games while my laptop is on a laptop stand, vents heat up the screen. Can this damage screen or the graphic card fans, cause the screen went all white once when I was playing a high-end game, but after a force restart when I kept it on a flat surface it doesn't do that. 

What should I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mahi0728 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for contacting us. I see that your system is facing heating-related issues on your HP system.

May I know if it happens only while playing games?

May I know if you made any hardware or software-related changes to your system?

Please note that we always suggest our customers use the system on a flat surface to avoid any heating issues. 

I would suggest you please use the link here and follow the steps to avoid any heating issues: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3894569-1692683-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Mahi0728 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for contacting us. I see that your system is facing heating-related issues on your HP system.

May I know if it happens only while playing games?

May I know if you made any hardware or software-related changes to your system?

Please note that we always suggest our customers use the system on a flat surface to avoid any heating issues. 

I would suggest you please use the link here and follow the steps to avoid any heating issues: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3894569-1692683-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes, It happens only  (not always though) while playing high-end games.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Gaming laptops get so hot because they have high-performance processors and dedicated graphics cards that generate a lot of heat when under load. And since these components are crammed into a very small chassis, airflow is restricted which causes heat to build up in the laptop's interior.

I would suggest you follow the steps shared in my previous message to avoid heating.

Have a lovely day ahead.

Cheers!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.