Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have OMEN by HP 15-dc1006nm and it was working normally since now. When I play games like COD Ghost, COD MW2, GTA 5... Everything works normally but when I play League of Legends I have 30 fps no matter on which quality I set game. I restarted the graphic card, repaired game files... and it's not better. I've noticed that in the Oman center app my GPE is not marked green anymore. I really don't know what to do, can you help me out of it? 

Thank you for your help!

Omen Low fps.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Jakec123 

Im not an LOL player, so if yours is stuck at 30fps, there has to be something within that game causing it. Perhaps a recent patch, or you have something recording during play.

The OCC not showing the green indicator on the GPU (GPE) is normal. Mine does the same thing.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

I tried everything even LOL fps boosts and nothing works, I think you are right, it must be some bug in new LOL patch. Will notify you guys on 10th Jul when a new update comes out. 

Greetings!

HP Recommended

Hello @Photoeay002

I find out about the problem. If my laptop is not plugged in charger it works on low PFS. Can you help me to change settings, it works normally when isn't plugged in?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Sorry, the way your initial post was worded, I assumed you played the same way consistently and something in the system changed.  It not performing fully without the charger is correct. The system will not run at full potential when on battery only.

You can make some adjustments in the NVIDIA control panel that will increase the performance, but wont be at 100%

You can adjust the settings per game rather than use the Global setting. That will help conserve a little more battery.

Manage 3D Settings Nvidia.JPG

HP Recommended

Also, another user claims his machine does in fact show a green temp indicator on his GPU and CPU in the OCC.

It might be something that has changed indicative of your model series. HP doesn't give us any heads up on changes.

BUT he hasn't divulged what he had done to change it 🙄.  

If I find out more, I will let you know. But it should not have anything to do with the actual performance of the computer.

Edit... He might have simply uninstalled and reinstalled the OCC. Give it a try?

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.