Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 (ce0xx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago my laptop suddenly started making strange noises most likely from the fan. It feels like someting is in the way like a wire or someting. Got it checked they said its probably dust build up. I got it serviced, a lot of dust came out, it changed the noise but its still there. It is mostly noticeable when it is running at a low speed, it is still there when it is running fast although you really have to put your ear near the keyboard. Also he said that he checked the fans and all the hardware and nothing was out of the ordinery the fans made perfect sound when he took them out and checked.

Since the fans purpose is to cool the laptop down I expected temperature increase but funny enough temperatures are better than ever (I had a temperature problem where it went to 97C now it hardly reaches 85 C and I play most games around 70C ).

If I continue to use the laptop as is  would it harm the laptop everything is working perfectly excpet for the noise.

If there is a way I would like to upload the sound I recorded so let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Hassan_4 

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop, desktop or printer???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks a lot for replying.

I own HP Omen 15 laptop.

I hope this is the information you asked for.

Product name : OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx

Product number : 1KV80UAR#ABA

HP Recommended

@Hassan_4 

Those are much better temps and that should be just fine.

Download and istall:

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc/15551437/mo...

Reboot:

You also could Disable Fan Always On in the BIOS.

REO

HP Recommended

I am not worried about the temps. Even when it was running at 97C the fan noise was there but nothing like this.

Am I going to need replacement fans?

If so can I keep running it until they are available? Because they are not yet in Pakistan and it could take several months (maybe even 5+) for them to arrive.

But if replacement is urgent I will pay whatever for them to be here within 2 months.

To be clear there seems to be NO other issue other than that pesky noise coming from the fans.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.