Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 15-EC1006NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Is it possible to add a 2nd drive (HDD) in this laptop? Can't find anything for this model on the Internet.

I suppose there is a 2,5'' bay available, but what about the input on the motherboard and the brackets/cables?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fmartin360

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can add another hard drive to the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Your computer supports dual hard drive configuration and you can install a hard drive on the computer.

Refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I've been able to chat with HP tech support from France, who told me that an addtional HDD couldn't be supported with a primary 512 Gb SSD. But it would be possible with a primary 256 Gb SSD. I guess that would be a motherboard limitation?

Regards

François

HP Recommended

@Fmartin360

Thank you for the information.

Yes, that is the motherboard limitation, and below are the dual hard drive configuration for your computer.

256 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 7200 rpm hard drive

128 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 7200 rpm hard drive

128 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

I hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.