Carl813
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 15 Gaming AK032-TX

HP Recommended
HP 15 Gaming AK032TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem with my unit as someone who has earlier posted here? The laptop is very slow to be considered as a gaming laptop. It can't even open Microsoft word and Adobe Photoshop at the same time without it hanging or lagging. We've tried to reboot the laptop and deleted all it's files but it's still the same. We bought the laptop 2016 but my other laptop (not gaming mind you) worth half it's price that was bought way back 2012 is even faster than this unit. Is this a lemon model? For the gaming laptops? It's been like this eversince the unit was bought and had no medium to complain as the HP service center here said that it's normal. But I doubt a gaming laptop with 8GB ram not being able to hold Photoshop and MS Word at the same time is anything normal. Could you guys help me with this? 

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,734 22,721 1,363 1,380
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Carl813

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

8 GB RAM should be more than sufficient to hold Photoshop and MS Word.

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass, please perform a Reset and then run all the updates

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation