silentway
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ENVY Notebook - Intel RealSense camera not found

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook 17-n110na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy Notebook with Intel RealSense camera built-in to the lid.
Apart from a look at Intel's RealSense demo when I first got the laptop, I have not used the RealSense 3D capability.

I discovered that the camera had stopped working entirely about one year ago when I wanted to use Zoom.

I made limited efforts to find a solution, but failed - any attempt to use the camera resulted in error message "Close other apps - it looks as though another app is already using the camera. 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp> (0xC00D3704)"

A few days ago I tried a solution from HP Community suggesting uninstalling and re-installing the camera driver
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Intel-Realsense-3D-camera-Not-Working/td-p/6053052
This solution worked briefly, but was no longer working the following day.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again but without success. I now get error message: "We can't find your camera - error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>"

Any suggestions on next steps will be welcome

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation