Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Laptop Pavillion 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Gaming Laptop in 2018. The base warranty had expired a few months ago. My problem is whenever the laptop closes, the hinge case pops open alongside with the bezel for the display. It makes very loud popping sounds whenever I close the laptop. The device has been on my desk for years and never has it been dropped.  I've searched around the forums and I've seen that this is a common occurrence for the Pavillion series.  Is there anything that I could do to get this repaired?

20200622_163341.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with the same laptop. Looks like there is a serious design flaw in this model, which is a bit annoying.

HP Recommended

Yes, it's absurdly annoying that there hasn't been some sort of recall with this model. 

HP Recommended

Have you found any solutions yet? I'm struggling with the exact same thing and it's super frustrating. Especially given I've also never dropped it and I've taken great care of it.

HP Recommended

No solutions so far. Contacted HP directly since my machine is out of warranty, got a job number and sent them photos of the issue. And 3 weeks later I've heard nothing.

What a pain.

HP Recommended

Wow, super disappointing. I'd expect better from HP

HP Recommended

Nothing has been solved yet, sadly. Their support is absolutely horrendous and requires me to purchase a warranty in order to get to a human being. I plan on buying the parts on Amazon and opening this entire laptop to save myself the mental strain of horrible customer service. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.