Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

I have a HP Invictus Gaming PC and today it required an update and then restarted. However it’s stuck at the on/off button coming on and off and screen quickly flashing. I tried to repair the BIOS with windows Key & B. Goes through the process then does the same. I can’t access the safe mode screen. Tried esc key and all the F keys to access this screen. Anyone have a solution? Or do I leave it for a few hours after the BIOS r update?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It’s running Windows 11 if that helps with a solution.

HP Recommended

@Hguub

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Did you leave it for sometime and check what happened?

Please see if this thread helps you: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-enter-Safe-Mode/td-p/6672...

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

**bleep** reply...

there are several threads about last windows update corrupting the bios

Recovery doesn’t work

gogo fix it jeez

HP Recommended

Maybe download a Victus 16-e0xxxx BIOS from HP.com/support page, and make a USB recovery disk, and try to use this disk to recovery BIOS (press Win+B) during POST, it will be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.